I wanted something unique, but it had to be frugal (of course). Nothing I saw ready-made appealed to me so I went to Michael's Craft store and bought a simple white guest pen in an acrylic base (9.99), a wooden block (.49), some white spray paint (4.29) and used some of the ribbon I bought to decorate my reception.
1. Removed the pen from the base and bought a longer screw (.24).
2. Drilled a hole in the center of the wood block and spray painted it white.
3. Attached the pen holder to the wood block.
4. Used a hot glue gun to attach pieces of the ribbon to the block. I wove them in a basket-weave pattern in one corner.
5. Glued on 3 cardstock maple leaves that were left over from my DIY invitations.
Voila! Guest pen holder is finished. I think it looks awesome and matches my decor and invites perfectly!