Lisa / a.k.a. BrideToBe52004
Votive Candle Holders (I chose the flower pot style and purchased them for ½ price during a recent sale at Michael's for only $0.49 ea) You will need 4 per centerpiece
Candles for the holders (In the picture, I used tealights because that is what I had available. We will be using votive candles so that they last the whole night.)
Wooden strawberry quart (These were donated. Someone found them in a barn.)
Red spray paint (or whatever colour works for your wedding)
6" Plastic florist sleeve (to hold the oasis / florist foam)
1/3 of a brick of oasis / florist foam (pre soaked)
Fresh cut flowers (I used red roses, yellow daisies, green leaves, baby's breath)
One mirrored square per centerpiece (not shown)
You can really control the cost of the fresh cut flowers depending on the type of flower you choose and on how much greenery you use.
- Place one candle in each candle holder and set aside.
- Take the wooden strawberry quart and paint. Set aside to dry.
- Once dry, using small drops of glue, attach the ribbon around the quart.
- Tie the ends of the ribbon into a bow.
- Take the 6" plastic florist sleeve and trim top edge to fit quart. Leave it about ½ inch from the top of quart.
- Take the pre soaked oasis / florist foam and insert in the plastic sleeve.
- Trim the green so that the stems aren't too long. You want the stem to sit in the foam and the green to hang over the edge of the quart.
- Place the green around the edge of the foam.
- Place the flowers in the top.
- Use more green and baby's breath to fill spaces between the flowers.\
- Place the centerpiece on a mirrored square in the center of the table and place four votive lit candles around it.