- 'fish bowl' vase
- tissue paper, your choice of colours
- hodge podge
- paint brush (for podge)
- ribbon, your choice of colour
- silk flowers, your choice of type/colour
- floral sponge
- glue gun
How To :
1. First step is putting the tissue paper on the outside of the vase. Cut the tissue paper into small squares, or any small shape you'd like. You could even try a large paper punch, such as they use for scrapbooking. Cover area on vase with hodge podge, then stick on the pieces of tissue paper. After paper is stuck on, cover over top with hodge podge to 'seal' them on. *hint: cut out all the tissue you need before you begin*
2. After vases are dry (leaving overnight is good), cut ribbon into lengths long enough to wrap around the neck of the vase and make a bow. If you want to secure them, a little bit of glue helps, but it's not necessary as long as the ribbon is tied tight.
*hint: choose your ribbon length and cut all the ribbon before you put them on the vases.*
3. Cut the floral sponge to a size that will fit into the vases. Use a small amount of glue to secure the sponges to the inside of the vases. *hint: I found this would help with keeping the flowers more secure in the vases*
4. Choose the flowers that you want in each vase. Arrange them outside of the vase, to make sure you get them 'just right'. Stick one at a time into the sponge inside the vase. Use one larger flower to draw attention to the arrangement. *hint: make sure to use enough flowers so they will stay in the vase better*
Alternate idea : Use the same vases, tissue paper and hodge podge, but instead of putting flowers inside, use floating candles.