Considering that the groom knows a heck of a lot of guys, congrats on making the cut. You’re on the team!! The down side is that the uniforms are tuxedos but I’m sure you’ll look very handsome.
Other then carrying a flask in your inside pocket and looking and acting sober, there aren’t too many jobs for you to do. There is one important thing to have on the day of the wedding BLACK SOCKS. Nothing worse then a guy in a black tux with white sweat sock….yuck!!
• Go and pick out your tuxes and show up for fittings
• Help the groom and best man, if they need any
• Help plan and pay for the stag
• Help with loading and unloading cars of decorations, liquor, etc….
• Attend the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner.
• Greet and seat guests at the ceremony.
• Escort the mother of the groom to her seat.
• Escort the mother of the bride to her seat.
• Roll out a red or white carpet down the church aisle for the bride to walk on.
• Smile for the photographer.
• Sit at the head table during dinner
• At the end of the reception, help load the car with gifts and everything else.
• Return your tux.