Thank you notes or thank you cards should be personally handwritten and remember they are “notes”, so don’t feel like you have to write individual letters to everyone. Because each thank you will be different, we’re not going to tell you what to put on it. We’re just going to give you a couple of suggestions on what should be on it.
THINGS TO INCLUDE IN YOUR “THANK YOUS”
• The date that you are actually writing the note.
• For an informal thank-you, use the name as it is written on the gift card given to you. Example, the individual’s name is James, but on the gift’s card he wrote “From Jimmy”, then on your thank you it would be “Dear Jimmy…”
• On a formal thank you, you would put “Dear Mr. & Mrs. Brown…”
• Mention the gift in your thank you “Thank you very much for the lovely candle sticks …”
• Mention what you’ll use the gift for “We’ll have many romantic nights with those lovely candles …”
• Whomever is writing thank you is the one to sign the card “Love Mary”
• Include both of your names in the card “John and I will think of you every time we make a toast …”
• Closing terms could be , “Sincerely Mary”, “Love Mary”, “Affectionately, Mary”.